Welcome! The Petoskey Stones listed below are representative of the types of stones we offer.
Why do they shine?
All of our stones are buffed on a lapidary wheel to a high polish. We don't lacquer or polyurethane them.
Pricing of Petoskey Stones depends on the following considerations:
We're too far to visit?
- quality of preservation of the corallites
- size of stone
- the stone's ability to take a high polish
- esthetic appeal
- unique characteristics (does it incorporate other fossils, are the corallites extra large, extra small, or especially regular, is the color unusual, etc.)
If you can't come in to the shop and would like us to choose stones for you, we're happy to do so. We may have a 3" stone polished on all sides for $15 or a 2" stone polished on one side for the same price, so we'll need to know:
Buy what you see
- your chosen price range,
- whether size or quality of the stone is most important to you, and
- if you want all sides polished, one side polished, or merely a portion of the stone polished.
Enerdyne's Petoskey Stone Gallery contains stones in the $25-and-up range that are in stock and available for purchase. We try very hard to keep this section current for your convenience. The Gallery doesn't necessarily show everything $25-and-up that we currently have in stock, and we can also try to meet your needs/wants by specifying them to our suppliers.
If you need more information or wish to order, please contact us by phone (231-271-6033) or E-mail.
A Laysan albatross tracked by biologists has flown more than 24,843 miles in flights across the North Pacific to find food for its chick in just 90 days - flights equivalent to circling the globe.